Jill Holler grew up on a farm in western Illinois, enjoying a life of running free through the pastures during the day and gazing at the countless shimmering stars at night. All around her, she could see the work of God’s creative hand, and she knew He was real. Yet it wasn’t until years later that she would discover the abundant life of faith that comes from taking hold of the living power that resides in God and His word. After struggling to find purpose and meaning for much of her young adult life, she found that it resides simply–yet powerfully–in Jesus Christ, her God and Savior.
Earning a master’s degree in English and being a college writing instructor prepared her for writing her first devotional book. But most of all, it was simply the prompting of God and a growing desire to know Him more that led her to write her two books: Life in His Hands: A Call to Godly Surrender and Purposeful Living and The Call of the Cross: A 50-Day Devotional to Lead You to a Life of Surrender. The devotions in these books are words to her very own soul, yet ones that ring deep with meaning in the hearts of many believers who are seeking God above all else.
Currently, Jill continues to teach and write and enjoys raising her two girls in eastern Iowa. She also attends numerous football games, basketball games, and track meets, cheering on her husband Marcus, who has been a coach and teacher for twenty years.
Her desire as a writer is to share the life-changing power of God’s word with others, drawing them toward a deeper faith and a life of purpose that only God can offer. In September 2016, her devotional book, Life in His Hands, was released through Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. Most recently, in November 2020, The Call of the Cross was published through Legacy Press.
A More Personal Look…from Jill
To give you an even better glimpse at who I am, here are 10 things that are true of me:
1. I am a midwesterner (yes, I think cornfields are beautiful), but I have a heart for warm Arizona.
2. I am so thankful for amazing Bible teaching on the radio and online. Two of my favorites: Truth for Life with Alistair Begg and The Urban Alternative with Tony Evans.
3. I’m trying very hard to reduce the sugar in my diet, but I love cookies and Mountain Dew so much that it’s just not working out that well.
4. Our family has a cute, fluffy grey cat named Mr. Fuzzles, who is really quite ornery, but he is so absolutely adorable that we keep giving him second chances.
5. I love Beth Moore Bible studies. Through them, I have grown in leaps and bounds in my faith. When I first saw her on a Bible study video, I knew that I wanted the passion she had for the Lord.
6. I have a low tolerance for noise, and my kids (and husband) have a high tolerance for it. I always lose out in that area.
7. Growing up on a farm created in me a love for the beauty of God’s creation. As a child, I would look up at that expansive black sky and see the stars shining like diamonds, and I was amazed at God’s greatness.
8. I can’t hug my kids often enough. They bring such joy to my life!
9. Over the past 16 years, I have become less of a nag toward my husband, and I am very proud of myself. (Yes, it took a while.)
10. Our family loves to play games. I always let the kids win, and my husband never does. They think that Mommy is really bad at games and that Daddy is really, really smart.
11 thoughts on “Meet Jill”
Ha! I LOVE your 10 things list!! 🙂
Love you Jill and your blog!
this is wonderful, Jill! Thanks for including me!
Wow! I’m quite certain this book will be overflowing in beauty and wisdom- just like you always have! Congrats!
I love your 10 things list Jill!!
Jill, I love your “about me” section- especially the 10 things! Very clever way to introduce yourself!
Your blog is so great! Glad to have connected with you. 😊
And congratulations on your book! One of my BIG goals…eventually!
I just ordered your devotional and am very much looking forward to reading it. I too struggle with sugar and Mountain Dew. But I hope that as my faith grows, God will use it to move mountains. Even of the dew variety 🙂
I hope you enjoy the devotional! And thanks for sharing about your sugar struggles…that made my day. Very funny! Praying for God to move mountains in your life!